Sunday, May 1, 2016

Adv Lvl Design Week 4

Progress Update-

Placement holding post for the wee hours of the mornin.

*update at 7:34am*

So apparently, something weird happened when I went to record my test footage, and Unreal is such a hog on my computer, that when combined with WMP and Livestream Procaster (my recording application) my computer quite literally made me hard shut down from the power supply, and then I had to debug the motherboard. I'm going to find the footage as soon as my desktop is done trying to restart windows for the 4th time without significant lag on start up. My anti-virus didn't even load.

Anyways, here's what I did manage to record in a sense, through screen caps, right before I did my video session.

 The entire level is white box mapped out and playable in UDK4.
The glass boxes are just representations of either platform movements,
or of where the ropes will be for climbing and swinging.

Even the demon is climbable.

I still have yet to figure out nodes, but I'll need to figure that out for making kill boxes, and platform movement, and claimable ropes. As soon as I can find my video, I'll be uploading it to youtube, and posting it here.


No comments: