Saturday, October 10, 2015

Trying New Techniques

So I finally finished sculpting the worm creature, and now I'm moving into the painting stage.

 I had to do some research for safe paints to use on sculpey. Spray paints and enamel based paint apparently melt the clay, which would explain why my Erebrus sculpture was tacky for quite some time before it fully cured.

I was browsing acrylic paints while I was looking for gesso paint to primer my sculpture, and I ran across some neon and glow in the dark paints. And so now, I'm going to be experimenting with UV painting before applying it to my sculpture. I not only want the worm creature to be gross, but I also want him to be "trippy."

And so my journey begins.

No comments: