Monday, October 12, 2015

Ocean City, MD Shoot

This shoot took place earlier this summer, and only now have I managed to review and edit them. I wanted to get these out of the way while my painting dries.

The original purpose of this photoshoot, was to document things I remember from my childhood. For years I was scared that some of these iconic places in Ocean City, Maryland, would be torn down and they would only exist in my memory. I made sure, when I visited home, to document what I remember, and what is new for me. I cannot express how much closure this shoot gave me, so it's very personal, as I have been away from home for so long. Going down to "The Ocean" is something I have been without for many, many, years, but I am very grateful I could experience it with my family once again, especially with my son.
Thanks for putting up with my shit for this, Pops, Mom and Ben. I love you.














No comments: