Tuesday, October 13, 2015

C'est la vie

So I'm really digging expressing myself in my art. It's been so long since I've been able to do so. It's always: make art for someone else, job, school, portfolio, etc. Here, I don't have to listen to anyone I paint exactly how I feel. I feel free to feel anything with no chains. I love the preparation for it. It's like getting ready for a big game, and leaving everything out on the field. Taking the day's troubles and amassing it all in one shot, but this one shot is my emotions, all my senses, and my experience in one composition. That's how this feels for me. And I like it. Documenting it feels great too, as it feels like I am making my own artistic journal, and my husband gets to be apart of it, which adds to a deeper level of my art being rather personal and therapeutic.

I can't wait to finish this piece... I didn't want to stop, but I had to, as the art store isn't open late at night.
"C'est la vie."

 Blacklight 

 Lights Off

 Lights On

No comments: