Sunday, April 24, 2016

Adv Lvl Design Wk3

Hello Again!

Here's this week's update on my Hellish level. I was supposed to get the game metrics down in Unreal, and make it playable, but I'd feel more comfortable and accurate if I model out all of the platforms correctly the first time, instead of guessing where they will go, and how long they will be, and basically rebuilding the scene twice. Especially the demon, which will be a low poly representation and will consist for 3 moving parts: main body, arms, and chains.

So this week, I managed to finish sculpting* the walls, cave, the Mario coin boxes, a large floating platform, and lastly stalactites/stalagmites in large and small. Nothing is textured or unwrapped yet, this is all lighting effects, which I plan on baking as a texture for low poly sculpt (if I need it for performance reasons- otherwise I'll keep it as is.)

What it looks like in orthographic view.







*In regards to the list of finished components stated above, this will be subject to change over the course of a few hours, i.e. before class. By the end of next class I should have everything modeled, and ready to port into Unreal, and for homework, I'll piece the level together, then attempt at coding in nodes.

No comments: