Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Adv Acrylics Classwork

So I've been taking a class in Advanced Acrylics. I've never really done still life, or even impressionist type work before, so I'm rather pleased with my results so far. I still have a lot to learn in regards to techniques. I think my year off of college, and doing my own  acrylic painting studies as well as visiting Seattle Art Museum (SAM) and studying master paintings, have prepared me for applying what I have observed. Anyways, here's what I got so far.

 Week 1: Still life using only colors and techniques of the Renaissance.
Acrylics on wood.

 Week 2: Impressionist type painting study, where we could use whatever colors we wanted.
Acrylics on Bristol board. 
 So I used black light acrylics for this piece.
Acrylics on Bristol board. 

Week 3: Paint a scene from somewhere in Seattle. This is the Puget Sound.
Acrylics on Bristol board. 

No comments: