Saturday, October 31, 2015

JCSG- Star Wars Celebration 2015

Photo courtesy of David Lackey from No Robots Photography
(I'm the evil one dead center)

I realize I am posting this way after the fact, but it deserves to be here. I am a member of Jet City Saber Guild, and I was given the chance of a lifetime to finally attend Star Wars Celebration, and I got to do it with dear friends, who also have a passion for the fandom. We got to do performances, official interviews, photoshoots, work our own booth, raffle items for Make A Wish Foundation, give out our trading cards, talk to other fellow fans from around the world, and of course train children in lightsabers. It was certainly a dream come true for me. The bonds that I made there, and to actually be around "my kind" was very special to me, and will forever remain special. Even through all the busy hustle and bustle (it was crazy, but incredibly fun and short lived), I managed to take some journalistic type photos of Jet City performing, and I loved doing it too! I felt like I was back in my old job, and capturing my friends doing what they do best, which is sparking the imagination of children and giving them an experience they won't forget. I wish I would have taken more, but I really wanted to experience everything unhindered, and contribute to the experience myself, (and lots of selfies, you all don't want to see.)

So, pardon the watermarking, but it's necessary because of social media and the whole advertising thing lol.











No comments: